Doug Hightower Criminal Justice Scholarship
Funded by Corsicana Police Officers’ Wives Association and honors the memory of Doug Hightower. Candidates must be in the criminal justice program or the police academy. Amount of award will vary depending on available funds.
- 1. The grant(s) shall be awarded each year to one or more students (as funding permits) in the criminal justice degree program. The money shall be used to pay for tuition, fees, and/or textbooks not to exceed $500 per semester or by approval of the CPOFWA. A student may receive the scholarship for two consecutive semesters.
- 2. To qualify for the scholarship, a student must be at full-time status and have demonstrated superior potential as a professional law enforcement officer. The recipient must be a resident of Navarro County and maintain a minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- 3. The Navarro College Foundation shall provide applications to the Scholarship Committee of the CPOWA who will approve the final award(s).
- 4. Following the selection, the CPOWA will be notified of the recipient’s name and pertinent information.
- 5. The scholarship fund shall be open to contributions from all other sources, including memorial donations.
- 6. Should the Navarro College Foundation at some future date cease to offer an associates degree in criminal justice, the funds in the account shall be dispersed to the general scholarship fund.
- Criminal Justice/Police Academy