The Graduate Caston Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding Navarro College graduates who present definite plans for continuing their study at a four-year college or university. Amount of scholarship may vary due to the availability of funds. The awarded amount may be received up to four semesters.
*Criteria for Selection: *
- Navarro College student with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.7 at graduation.
- The student must graduate in the Fall of 2017 or Spring of 2018 and have completed at least forty (40) hours of course work at Navarro College. This candidate must have met all requirements for an associate degree by the end of the Spring semester of 2018.
- Priority will be given to students who reside in Navarro County and then the college service area (Ellis, Freestone, Leon, and Limestone counties).
*ANY APPLICATION PACKET THAT IS NOT COMPLETE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. *
*The following must be received or postmarked by noon March 9, 2018: *
- Complete Application for the Graduate Caston Scholarship
- A written proposal describing in detail the educational program to be pursued.
- Three letters of Recommendation
- Official Navarro College transcript
- Copy of transfer transcript (college(s) attended prior to Navarro, if applicable)
- Current degree plan (under which you will receive your degree at graduation)
- Photograph of applicant (headshot will be sufficient)
Mail or Hand Deliver to :
Dr. Tommy Stringer
3200 West 7th Ave.
Corsicana, Texas 75110
Applicants must also complete an interview by the Graduate Caston Selection Committee (You will be contacted regarding where and when your interview will be conducted.)
- Supplemental Questions
- High School Name
- High School Graduation Year
- Do you meet the requirements for graduation at Navarro College for Fall 2019 or Spring 2020?
- How many credit hours have you completed at Navarro College?
- Cumulative GPA (4.0 scale)
- List any other colleges/universities you have attended other than Navarro College
- Major while at Navarro College
- Major upon transferring
- College/University planning to transfer to:
- PLEASE LIST ANY ACTIVITIES OR SPECIAL RECOGNITION THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED AT NAVARRO. (Include any offices that you have held in campus organizations.)
- Please attach your written proposal describing in detail the educational program to be pursued
- Please attach your official Navarro College transcript
- Please attach your current degree plan (under which you will receive your degree at graduation
- Please attached a copy of transfer transcript (college(s) attended prior to Navarro, if applicable)
- Please attach a copy of transfer transcript (college(s) attended prior to Navarro, if applicable) 2
- Please attach a photograph of Applicant (head shot will be sufficient)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Electronic Signature (First & Last Name)
- Today's Date
- Show 16 more