The M.C. and Mattie Caston Scholarship
The first M.C. and Mattie Caston Scholarships were awarded in 1983 to deserving high school seniors who met specific academic and leadership criteria. Since 1983, more than 700 seniors have received these scholarships and have furthered their education at Navarro College. _ Applicants from Navarro, Ellis, Freestone, Leon, and Limestone counties are given priority. _
The M.C. and I Mattie Caston Scholarship are awarded to students who meet specific academic and leadership criteria. The General Caston Scholarship awards up to $1000 per semester toward tuition and fees, and the Distinguished Caston which awards up to $1,500 per semester towards tuition, fees, and campus residence halls. Both scholarships can be retained for two years if scholarship policies are followed by the recipients. _All information must be received by the posted application deadline. _
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A complete application for admissions to Navarro College
- High School transcript: Must be through the first semester of the senior year [signed by the counselor or principal.]
- ACT and/or SAT scores: Copy of Score Report, or scores present on the high school transcript.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum of 12 hours each semester and a 2.5 GPA.
If you receive a Caston award but elect not to attend Navarro College, please inform the Navarro College Student Financial Aid office at (903) 875-7363 immediately.
- Supplemental Questions
- High School Name
- High School Graduation Year
- Current GPA on a 4.0 scale
- SAT score
- ACT score
- Upload SAT and/or ACT scores (score report or high school transcript accepted)
- Upload SAT and/or ACT scores (score report or high school transcript accepted) 2
- I understand that my electronic signature below verifies that the information reported on this application is accurate and that I need these funds in order to attend Navarro College*
- Show 3 more