Funded by Navarro’s first students, the Barracks Bunch. The first students began classes in September 1946. Most of the 238 members of that first student body were returning veterans from World War II taking advantage of assistance available under the newly enacted GI Bill of Rights. The first campus of Navarro College was the site of the Air Activities of Texas, a World War II primary flight school located six miles south of Corsicana, Texas in Navarro County.
A general academic scholarship awarded on basis of financial need and academic performance. Amount will vary based on available funds.